Inaugural Eventelligence Chat
Eventelligence is evolving. We’ve decided to take a fresh, new approach to our Friday blog and we think you’re going to like it.
What Is it?
Join @Ungerboeck every Friday at 2:00 CST for a weekly Twitter chat! Hosted by Ungerboeck industry experts and moderated by myself @DannaElizabeth, the topics of discussion will cover current industry trends most pertinent to event professionals. Visit our blog every Friday for a list of questions that will be covered the following week and to get a recap of the previous week’s chat.
Why We Get it
Ungerboeck Software is an international event management software company with clients in over 40 countries with software available in 6 different languages. Our worldwide headquarters is located right outside of St. Louis, Missouri and we have supporting offices in Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Australia, China, and Hong Kong. We’re in a unique position to provide insight into the events industry with the global customer base that we serve (and have served for over 30 years). We believe in the power of bringing people together and look forward to the opportunity to bring the #eventprofs community together to better our understanding of the markets we serve.
The rules are simple:
#Eventelligence – use this hashtag to ensure your posts are seen in the chat. Feel free to use throughout the week too!
No need for advertising, we’re here for the greater good of all.
Questions will be asked in a Q1, Q2 format, please answer A1, A2 accordingly.
Feel free to contact us with suggestions of topics you would like to see discussed!
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR FRIDAY, JUNE 17
- How do you define attendee engagement?
- Should engagement efforts live on your website?
- What tool in an #eventprofs pocket is most vital to furthering engagement?
- What current trends are actually taking away from this involvement?
- Periscope, Facebook Live: Do you plan on utilizing these at your next event?
- Digital swag bags: how can the contents be made to engage attendees at the show?
- Win customers by asking for a favor, asking them for an action. How can this be applied?
- How do you plan on implementing the “crowd-sourcing” culture into your shows?
- What is the best method of measuring attendee engagement?